Saturday, December 13, 2003

Everything, or possibly nothing

Well, the novel I originally set out to write has grown stagnant. It has a great character but still no direction, at least not a satisfying one. Observing that I have nothing to write about, I adopted a new approach: write about everything. And it's actually working so far.

The new novel I've started working on is much less conventional than anything I've ever written before, and while it might not have direction it has more of a purpose for existing. It's stream-of-consciousness that blends fiction and reality as two different planes of fiction. In other words, it's kinda complicated right now, but hopefully as it progresses what I'm going for will become obvious.

In other news, I picked my sister up at the airport today and then she wanted to go see "Elf". It was a fun movie, and Will Ferrell was, as always, a stitch. It kinda fell apart at the end, but overall it was a pretty good holiday movie. Alas, it got my sister in a Christmas mood, so she'll probably be unbearable for a while.

Song lyric of the day:
"Running after you
I don't know where you are
And I can't seem to catch you
I want you to know me"
          -Days of the New, "Weapon and the Wound"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home