Monday, November 24, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIX: Washington vs. Houston

Well, another football Sunday has come and gone, and both my teams lost. Again.

I should be honest: I misjudged the Texans. Certain they were going to get stomped by the Patriots, I turned off the game and went to go see "Master and Commander" instead. The movie was okay, some parts were pretty breath-taking but it failed to hold my interest in the middle. It did spawn the best toast ever: "To our wives and sweethearts: may they never meet."

When I got home I found to my dismay that my Texans had actually made a game of things, but they still lost in OT. Fortunately, I still had the Redskins game to look forward to. Sadly, I had to miss out on the first 30 minutes due to an episode of "The Simpsons". Hey, a man's got to have priorities, right? Tonight's "Simpsons" renewed my desire to travel to England at some point, if for no other reason than to see Tony Blair in that cool rocket pack.

At last, I flipped over to the Redskins game and noticed that Patrick Ramsey was injured and Tim Hasselbeck was in. As if the Redskins weren't going to have a tough enough time with their #1 QB against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Then, of course, Hasselbeck proceeds to have a better game than we could have hoped for from Ramsey. The Redskins still gave up a 23-10 lead in the fourth and lost, 24-23. That's okay, though, because next year the Texans and the Redskins are going to face each other in the Super Bowl. Just wait and see.

Song lyric of the day:
"I'd like to change the world
It's easier than changing me
And I'd like to find one girl who knows me"
          -Carbon Leaf, "Shine"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home