Thursday, November 20, 2003

...Just like Brian Wilson did

Today was one of those days when you lay in bed for a long time trying to force yourself to get up. If you fail, you usually grab the novel beside your bed and start reading (which I did) or stare up at the ceiling and think about stuff (which I also did). Somehow both seem like worthy uses of one's time.

After dragging myself through the shower, I started the day by learning how to play "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits and "Sullivan Street" by Counting Crows on guitar. Both were very therapeutic -- for some reason, I've moved on from my hardcore grunge period of guitarring to my sad love song period. I guess that's the same movement I've made in song-writing too. I recorded a basic version of an as-yet untitled love song that's actually halfway decent. I hope to have it finished soon.

Had a long political discussion with my mother, which is essentially pointless because we agree on just about everything. I don't know if that makes me old school or her new wave, or which option is really preferable.

Other than that, I'm basically trying to get started on my novel and wondering where to begin (and where to go). I hope to have some direction (and some written words) soon. Check back :)

Song lyric of the day:
"Hey Mrs. Potter, don't turn
Hey Mrs. Potter, I burn for you
Hey Mrs. Potter, won't you talk to me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home