Monday, December 01, 2003

Crappy 80s madness

Well, another football Sunday's come and gone, with mixed success: the Texans won, but the Redskins lost. The Patriots-Colts game was one for the ages, with the Pats staging an amazing goalline stand in the closing seconds to win it. Another exciting bit of news is Navy got a bid to the Houston Bowl, which they will no doubt accept. Hopefully they will win the Commander-in-Chief trophy next week against Army. I can't remember how long it's been.

However, all was not good news in sports this weekend. Virginia Tech lost to Virginia, effectively dropping out of the top 25 when I thought they had a good shot at the Sugar Bowl. That's still not the worst news, though. The worst news is the impending Yankees' deal with Gary Sheffield, which is a double whammy: not only do my Braves lost Sheffield, but he goes to the friggin' Yankees.

Anyway, enough about sports. I had a good Thanksgiving weekend, with one of the best Turkey Day dinners I've had in a while. Plus, the Cowboys lost, which left me in a good mood. The one downside was that my entire family was sick. Except for me. I don't seem to get sick ever anymore (ignoring a few cat fiascos, Jeff and Danielle). I think I'm immune to common illnesses.

Unfortunately, one thing I'm not immune to is random musical moods. To my horror, I somehow slipped into a crappy 80's love song mood tonight. Every so often, these moods seem to come out of nowhere and overwhelm me for an hour or so. We're talking songs like "You're the Inspiration" or "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight". Go West's "King of Wishful Thinking" and Restless Heart's "When She Cries" also made appearances. It got pretty bad.

But, like everything, this too shall pass. :-)

Song lyric of the day:
"I know this shall pass
As long as my time comes, I don't mind being last
And someday I'll be sure
As long as there's a light, I know I can endure"
          -Unexpectedly Sober, "Endure"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home